At King’s we pride ourselves on supporting you through the most important, influential and intense two years of your life so far. By providing excellent teaching and personalised support in an enriching environment, we will help you realise your full potential.
A message from the Director of Sixth Form
The King’s Academy Sixth Form aims to provide students with the skills and opportunities to succeed not only through the course of their A Level studies but also for university and beyond. Students are empowered to develop independent approaches to their work and their interests as well as leadership and being engaged in the Academy as a community.
The Sixth Form Centre is independent to the rest of the school and enables the Sixth Form to have its own identity. Sixth Form students can engage in independent study, group work or, when time allows, simply having a coffee in the King’s Bistro.
Sixth Form students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop independent thought and self-discipline. By ensuring that all students have appropriate academic challenge through lessons and experiences which encourage intellectual excitement every individual should fulfil their potential whilst developing the skills they will need to be successful in Higher Education.
you through exceptional teaching & learning:
- State of the art facilities and study environment, including latest hand-held device for every student
- More dedicated teaching time than any other school in Warrington
- High-quality teaching led by experienced academics with Oxbridge & Russell Group background and minimum of 2:1 specialist degree
- Personal Academic Tutor and Mentor
- Small year group and class sizes
- 5 assessment points and 5 reports each year
you with the highest of aspirations:
- Specialise in the facilitating subjects for the Russell Group and other top universities
- Minimum entry criteria of Grade Point 6 (Grade B) for every A level, Grade Point 7 desirable
- Oxbridge, Russell Group & UCAS Tutor programme for every student
- Specialist tutoring for students wishing to pursue a degree programme in medicine, dentistry, law or engineering
- Minimum of 3 University visits each year for every student
- University and World Travel bursaries for exceptional performance at A level
you through world class character & leadership development:
- Weekly enrichment sessions to support career internships, sport, cadets, performing arts, volunteering and community work
- A week long leadership and outdoor pursuits induction programme
- Weekly tutorials in character & leadership development delivered through our national award winning programme
- Duke of Edinburgh & National Citizen Service for every student
- Chartered Management Institute Level 3 Leadership Qualifications for every student
- Opportunity to attend an overseas study tour to Harvard University.
Latest News and Events