School Health & Well-Being
King’s Leadership Academy are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all of our students. Health and Well-being has a significant impact on a young person’s attainment and achievement. In light of this, we have well established links to local external agencies engaged in protection, safeguarding and well-being of young people.
All students can expect King’s Leadership Academy to support them in:
- Meeting challenges, manage change and build positive relationships acknowledging differences.
- Developing self-awareness, self-worth and respect for others.
- Experiencing personal achievement and build resilience and confidence.
- Understanding and develop their physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing and social skills
- Understanding how what we eat, how active we are and how decisions we make about our behaviour and relationships affect our physical and mental wellbeing
- Participating in a wide range of activities which promote a healthy lifestyle
- Understanding that adults in their school community have a responsibility to look after the students, listen to their concerns and involve others where necessary
- Learning about where to find help and resources to inform choices
- Acknowledging diversity and understand that it is everyone’s responsibility to challenge discrimination.
Have you got a problem or concern? Need a hand? No-one to turn to? Don’t know what to do?
If you have any problems at school, home, with your family or friends or in the local community please don’t suffer in silence.
This is “Your Place” and it is a confidential way to report things you see or feel need reporting around school. A place to seek help or to speak to someone in confidence. Remember you can always speak to any of our staff face-to-face.
There are also lots of links to useful self-help websites.